CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Banner


I wanted to post my spring banner, although my stamping buddies and I each made one of these back in February, so we could have them hanging up for spring. I haven't actually felt like spring had sprung, until the last few days by seeing some of my flowers blooming and sunshine. The gray skies and rain, in Seattle, can get a bit dreary after awhile, even if you are a native with webbed feet.  

There is no stamping on any of this banner. Very unusual for me, but the paper and all the bling made it unnecessary, except the bees and hive. They were stamped on shrink art plastic and then shrunk. So I suppose there is some stamping.  Since this was my month to host our get together, for a project of the month, I chose to do the spring banner, but was responsible for making the prototype and preparing all of the supplies for the other 3 buddies. I do this by putting everything that is needed into a plastic baggie, so that each person has what they need. Then each person works on a different tray until she is finished. I love how this turned out. Enjoy!

All of the letters were cut with my Cricut. I will have to find out which cart I used, and then revise this. However, they were all cut with a shadow, so that I could do two colors. The paper was from DCWV glitter papers and then just card stock behind them. All of the cards are 1/4 of a piece of a card stock. Then another background paper attached to it. Many of the trims are from K&Company. I love their packets, which are only a few dollars and I only buy them when they are on sale at 40% off. LOL I tried to do make each card as a representation of something about spring.

This is from birdhouse paper, with a bird brad. I actually got sticks out of my yard for the branch.  The nest is moss.

I used foam flowers and bling on this card.

This had shrink art for the bees & hive. Some bling on the bottom strip.

This is a foam bunny,but I used my sizzix to  cut out the basket and the eggs.

More foam butterflies and a flower.

I used some buttons for the dragonflies. The fence is wooden, from JoAnn's and some silk flowers from my stash for the garden.


This card is for St. Patrick's Day. The paper was perfect & I had confetti & the coin in my stash.

What's spring without seeds? I am not sure of the brand, but these came in a package of 6, I think and then the trim is K&Company.

I used buttons for th the butterflies. The yellow flowers are MS & the trim flowers are K&Company. I had the bobble trim that I added to the bottom.

I couldn't leave mom's day out. The paper was perfect, it has mom, mama, mother, etc all over it. Then what better than a bouquet of flowers? These came made up & I added the stem & leaves, then tied on a bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment