CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bean's Keepsake Box

Today I made a memory box for baby Bean, Kari and Erik's new baby, who is arriving at the end of May. My daughter, Alyssa, is having a shower today for them. The theme is ducks, so I stayed with the theme for the box. I put glued light blue paid Paper Pizazz paper to the outside of the  brown cardboard box, which I bought at JoAnn's. I used K&Company' Itsy Bitsy's duck and yellow squiggle trim around the lid and bottom edge of the box. I put a yellow heart button with orange embroidery thread on each corner of the lid. The duck in the center of the lid is a wooden duck that was already painted, from JoAnn's. I used stickles on the wing to brighten it up, along with a button for the wheel to match the trim and a bling in the center. I added the green rivet to the eye to make it more 3D. The saying on the side is also from Bayby Boy Word Icons, made by K&Compnay.  The pictures didn't turn out as good as it looks. I need a better camera. After it was all done, I filled the box with my presents of a baby 8x8 scrapbook, a sleeper and an outfit and last but not least my baby card with a gift card to Amazon.com.
Start with the brown cardboard box


cut a piece of paper to overlap the edges and glue or tape down

wrap the paper over the edges and secure it

do the same for all sides and then the edges of the lid too

cover the top. I cut a piece that was the exact size of the lid

I was going to line it and you could, but I didn't have anymore of the same paper, so I added some white felt to the bottom of the box. I didn't take a picture, but I glued the invitation to the inside of the lid, for a keepsake.


I added the duck and squiggle trim around the edges

I added the boy words to the side of the box

the four corners have yellow button hearts with orange embroidery thread. The duck is wooden with a button for the wheel. I added the stickles to the wing and the rivet to the eye.

And it wouldn't be complete without stamping with your name. I did this on the bottom of the box.

2 comments:

  1. This is great because I want to do one for my new grandbaby, love the way yours turned out! Stop by my blog because I am passing a blog award on to you.

    ReplyDelete