CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor of Love Halloween Blog Hop Day 3 and 4


Welcome to Labor of Love Halloween Hop, second half! This is Day 3 and 4 of the hop.  If you came from Donnalee's then you are in the right place. If you just happened here, then make sure to start at Ellen's blog so that you can check out all of the great banners. This hop is for a wonderful cause and there is some blog candy at the start of the hop.
I happened upon this group and thought what a great thing to do! Make a Halloween banner and donate it to a hospital for critically ill children - Pediatric Specialty Care, in PA. I am in the second group of the hop. The first half of the hop was on Friday and Saturday and had some wonderful banners. If you missed that part, make sure to go back to Ellen's blog and go through the first half of the hop.  I also had the benefit of my two BFFs joining in on this event with me. We gathered at my house and each of us made a different banner for the kids. I then mailed them all to Ellen, in PA, so that she could deliver them to the hospital with the other banners.
If you would like to be a part of this charitable event, you can visit Madison’s blog for information about making a Halloween card for donation.
This post is a little long, because I am posting all 3 banners on my blog. My BFF’s are not bloggers, but I wanted to share their banners too. There are quite a few pictures here, so that you can see the detail that we all put into the banners.
Your next stop is Nancy.

My banner says PUMPKINHEADS. It was a lot of fun making the banners. I didn't use the Cricut, but I did use quite a few different Sizzix dies and embossing folders, on my Big Shot.  I also used stamps and cut out images from different pieces of Halloween paper. The letters were plain chipboard letters I had in my stash. So to spruce them up, I covered them with glue and dipped them into orange Martha Stewart glitter.

It's hard to tell here, but the legs and feet are a stamp, all colored with Copics.  The heads were from a couple of packages of Halloween items that I found in the $ bin, while waiting in line at Joann's. I colored the beads on the trim with Copics too.

I used a triangle punch for the banner, punching glitter paper. Then I added some twine to the top. The candy corn is glittered and came out of my stash of foam items. I added the purple brad witch hat to the frog, which is a K&Company chipboard piece.
This came from just a piece of Halloween paper, then I added some K&Company fencing, bat trim and a few ghosts and a bat to spruce it all up.

This owl doesn't say hoo hoo at Halloween time. The tree stamp is a Memory Box stamp that I just bought a few weeks ago. Gina gave me the cute little owl and then I stamped the BOO BOO on it. The trim at the top is a MS edge punch.
What would Halloween be to a child without candy? This is just a candy corn piece of paper with added chipboard pieces of candy.

I liked this panel the most. I think it's because it is all paper pieced. I stamped the scarecrow on different pieces of paper and then cut out the each piece out and layered it.  I added a bit of twine on the hat and flower button. Then I added some heart sequins on the face, along with brads for the eyes and nose.  The "i" for the letter on this panel provided the perfect post for the scarecrow. The pumpkins were fussy cut and doubled so they are popped up.
I had this frame in my stash. I added this paper behind it and thought this cat went well with the paper, both looking a little frantic. I added the witch hat brad and a couple of stickers to the corners of the frame.

This background paper was perfect for this panel.  I added the witch making her potion/ The spider ribbon is supposed to represent a shelf with extra bottles of things she might need. I cut the saying out of a piece of paper along with all the bottles and doubled them, so they would pop up.

Spiderweb paper for the background could only mean one thing - spiders on the panel. I added these cute little spider brads, along with a K&Company spider trim and the bottom EEK! BOO! SPOOKY trim.

The pumpkins on this panel were fussy cut from paper and doubled for popping up. I added some green pipe cleaner for the stems. The post with the signs is K&Company, from my stash.

I had paper that had  banners on it, so I cut a strip and then used my MS pumpkin edger on both sides. I love the wiggly eyes in the BOO. I then added more chipboard pieces that I found in my Halloween stash.

This haunted house was made from a Sizzix die. The windows have a treat bag that is covered with spiders and webs that I found at the dollar store last year. I then added yellow paper behind it. I made the door out of wood like paper and added a brad for the door handle, along with a bat brad for the door knocker. Then embellished the rest of the panel with some bats and ghosts.

I strung it together with ribbon, but before sending it to PA, I changed the ribbon and made bows in between each panel, so that it would hang better.






****************************************************************************
Now for Gina's banner. She used 1/4 sheets of black card stock and added items to each card.She made it read SPOOKTACULAR. She used some of my Sizzix dies and embossing folders on the Big Shot and glittered a chipboard key that I had in my stash to dangle from the haunted house's door.  She also used Memory Box's dies for the fence and bats.  She used K&Company chipboard letters that she found last year and since they were orange, they worked out great!


This has the Memory Box die used for the fence.

This is the Sizzix haunted house die.

The ghosts are from a Sizzix die





This panel was made from a Stampin' Up embossing folder for the spider web. The fence and the bat are from the Memory Box dies



Another Sizzix haunted house cut from different paper, then yellow paper added for the lighting of the windows. See the eye added in the center window? Here is the chipboard key that she attached to the door knob.

A couple more ghosts cut from some more Sizzix dies added over some glittery pumpkins and orange netting ribbon.
 ***************************************************************************
Last, but not least is Laura's banner. She made a chain link banner, with dangled items. The chain links were made from strips of paper and then glued together. She added some ribbon for some of the chains too. She then added spiders and bats, a dangling haunted house, and in the center a 1/2 sheet of paper with a raven on both sides.

We had Laura put the banner around her neck and told her it was a new fad for the latest jewelry. LOL


The spiders and bats were punched out of EK punches.

The little bats were made from the Memory Box die.

More spiders and bats punched out and the spiders are hanging from ribbon.


The center has the Raven on both sides of the orange card stock.

A few more bats, spiders, and pumpkins.

Another version of the Sizzix die haunted house.


Hooked all together it is a Halloween chain banner that any child would love!

***************************************************************************
Remember to leave a comment so that you can be entered into the drawing for the overall Labor of Love hop prizes that were donated by our sponsors:








Read the complete rules on entering for more chances on the blog candy at Card Monkey's Business Blog.

I had a lot of fun making my banner.  I especially liked the time spent with my two BFF's who joined in on the fun, donating their own materials and time.

Your next stop is Nancy.

31 comments:

  1. THREE remarkable banners!!! When I received this box of love from you, Tami, I couldn't get over how detailed each of the panels is. Just beautiful!!!!!! Laura's chain link banner caught my hubby's eye as one of his favorites so far.

    Thank you all for participating with me on this important Hop! May each of you always be blessed for the love and joy you've brought to the kids at Pediatric Specialty Care.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami, all three of the banners are wonderful and very spook-tacular! Enjoyed reading about all three of them. Thank you ladies for sharing your love for crafting with all of us and these great kids at PSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! 3 banners at one spot! I feel spoiled and I know that you 3 will certainly make some of the children VERY HAPPY! You have a new follower in me!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you got to do them all together. You all did an amazing job! This hop has been so much fun! I am dying to see pics of the kids with their banners.

    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG all three banners are so different yet so amazing. It has been fun hopping with you for such a good cause. I have become a follower also. :)

    Linda
    lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow and Wow these banners are fabulous!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The banners are wonderful!!! You ladies did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, I lovve all of your banners and all the detail. The kids who receive them will love them also.
    Kathy
    Katsews at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I love all the detail. They are really wonderful. I love how you used dies to make it. That's incredibly creative!! The children will love these.

    Blessings,
    Shawnee
    http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. An awesome job on the banners and chain too. Too much fun you all had. I really need to make one of these :D Thanks for sharing.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those banners are all wonderful! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK..Tami...I love the glitter letters! Bling is ALWAYS good..lol My fave is the scarecrow too..He is just so darned cute..next is the black cat! Cracks me up and yes the paper is perfect!

    Gina!..Your use of so many different patterned papers is perfect.. This banner would be a fantastic way to use up scraps..I like your letter "O" with the dancing witches boots..:)

    Laura: Your chain banner just broke out to be unique! So clever...I like the dangling items too..

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You guys went to town! :) Those are all fantastic banners- the details you all included are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Double WOWZER! These are three outstandingingly "awesome" creations. The children will love them soooo much! (I do, too!)

    Thanks for sharing with us as well as with the hospital children. Amazing creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All three of these banners are true works of art... I love all of the details on them... you really out did yourselves.
    I'm sure the kids at PSC, their families and all of the staff are going to love these.
    Thanks,
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tambo, I love all three. Since I am a bling girl, the glitter all over yours made me giddy. Gina's is oh so cute and shows me how eclectic can still work in a cohesive way and Laura's chain banner takes me back to great memories in school. The kids at the PSC will love them all. Looks like you had such fun making them. Thanks for participating in and donating for such a wonderful cause. Ü Cynthia V. vandyzfam@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! What great banners you all put together. Such details -- like looking at little storybooks pages. You ladies did a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing.

    Kris
    dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun banners Ladies. The kids are going to love them.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great banners!! TFS

    scrapbug@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great banners. Love all the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All three are unique and so festive!!! Love the little banner on the big banner (first one)! Looks like you ladies had fun putting them all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun are these banners? Too cute! I wish I had scrappin buddies! Too lucky! TFS CallyAnn(follower)
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. 3 awesome banners!

    Www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
    Craftycardgallery at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. All three of the banners are amazing! Love all the details! The children are going to be so uplifted!
    Daladypej@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tami, I truly appreciate YOU, and your taking the time to share your love with the special needs children at Pediatric Specialty Care in Bucks County, PA, where I work as Admissions Coordinator. These kids and their families and the staff will get such a big kick out of seeing the banners and cards all of the hoppers have made. There's a special place in heaven for these children who have endured so much in their lifetimes, as well as for people like you who think of them with kindness and generosity. THANK YOU again for being one of the fantastic bloggers on this very special blog hop.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my goodness, all 3 of these banners are awesome...nice work ladies!!!
    Eva :0)
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
    I have 2 giveaway's on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!!!! you all made awesome banners. so full of love!! the kids will be so happy!!! parkernana5@cox.net
    http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm just stopping by for day four of the blog hop. Thanks for being apart of this hop. I just know the kids are going to love each and every one of these banners.
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You ladies are fabulous!!!! Your banners are amazing!!! And that craft room is over the top!!! First, thank you so much for all the hard work you put into those wonderful banners. They look really great and I know the kids will be really happy to get them. Now, when can I come and craft with you? I can see that you all have a lot of fun and I can see that you have an amazing craft space:) Thank you for making this blog hop a huge success:)
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, Wow, Wow... These are all just Fabulous. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great banners.I am a follower.joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete